phpList version 2.10.x - Code Enhancements
HTML eMail Part 3
This modification makes changes to the [LISTS] & [USERDATA] placeholders which appear in the "Preferences Update" eMail that a subscriber receives after updating their preferences.
Without this modification the subscriber will again only see something akin to the following
You are subscribed to the following lists
- * Photography
- * Photography
- * Web Design
which can be confusing if you have several lists with the same name but different descriptions which you can see in the example below produced from the same set of lists after modifying the code.
- Photography - Another side
- Photography - Random images and reviews
- Web Design - Quarterly Bulletin
The information on our system for you is as follows:
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- First Name : Alan
- Last Name : Fairhall
- Phone No. : 01677 654345
Note these modifications will only work if you restrict the length of the List Description as I have done. If you have to provide a full page description then do not use the following code unless perhaps you can abbreviate your description.
Subscriber System eMails Affected
- Please Confirm Your Details.
- Welcome to our Newsletter
- Your Preferences have been Updated
- You have been Unsubscribed
- Change eMail Details - Message to Old address
- Change eMail Details - Message to New address
- Message to Non-Confirmed Subscribers.
All photographs & images are the copyright of Alan G Fairhall and may not be reproduced or downloaded without express permission from the photographer